“The gifts of GitHub” – The Intrazone podcast
This post is originally published on Microsoft SharePoint Blog articles
GitHub is the collaborative developer community, a place to share and review code, then deploy it to any operating system, any cloud, and any device. And it has many gifts for developers – and ultimately everyone who uses the thousands of deployed apps and services.
On this episode, Chris McNulty and I speak with Martin Woodward, one of the original members who onboarded Microsoft to the open-source world, and Tetsuya Kawahara, a Microsoft MVP expert in Microsoft Lists customization (JSON). We learn how they use GitHub to share their knowledge, connect with other developers, and create the world’s most important technologies.
Listen to podcast below:
- Show outline:
- 00:00 Introduction
- 11:00 Conversation with Martin Woodward
- 42:00 Conversation with Tetsuya Kawahara [with English interpreter]
- 56:15 Events
- 1:02:15 Same conversation with Tetsuya Kawahara with his full answers in Japanese
Links to important on-demand recordings and articles mentioned in this episode:
- Hosts, guests, and related products
- Articles and sites
- GitHub Docs
- Tetsuya's list formatting samples (GitHub)
- Microsoft PnP community list formatting samples (GitHub) | Microsoft 365 community (guidance, best practices)
- Microsoft Lists resource center
- Microsoft Docs - The home for Microsoft documentation for end users, developers, and IT professionals.
- Microsoft Tech Community Home
- Stay on top of Office 365 changes
- Listen to other Microsoft podcasts
- North American Collaboration Summit (Aug.9-11.2021) [hybrid; Branson, MI and online]
- Commsverse (Sept.15-16.2021); a Microsoft Teams Community Event) [hybrid: UK - in-person and online]
- SharePoint Fest DC + dedicated 'Teams Fest' track (Sept.20-24.2021) [in-person]
- HR Tech Conference 2021 (Sept.28-Oct.1.2021) [in-person]
- Microsoft Lists workshop [available now on-demand]
Listen to the show! If you like what you hear, we'd love for you to Subscribe, Rate and Review it on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to visit our show page to hear all the episodes, access the show notes, and get bonus content. And stay connected to the SharePoint community blog where we’ll share more information per episode, guest insights, and take any questions from our listeners and SharePoint users (TheIntrazone@microsoft.com). We, too, welcome your ideas for future episodes topics and segments. Keep the discussion going in comments below; we’re hear to listen and grow.
Thanks for listening!
The SharePoint teams want you to unleash your magic, creativity, and productivity – and visualize it all. And we will do this, together, one diagram at a time.
The Intrazone links
- Show page
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Play Music
+ Listen to other Microsoft podcasts at aka.ms/microsoft/podcasts.