“HR in the cloud” 🎙 – The Intrazone podcast
This post is originally published on Microsoft SharePoint Blog articles
Thoughtful HR leads to engaged employees through engaging employee experiences. Backed with good data and insights, listening systems, and dedicated leaders and managers, modern HR practices foundationally improve employee interests, retention, and wellbeing – “in the cloud”, spanning hybrid work.
On this episode, we chat with Kerry Olin (Microsoft CVP, HR Services) and Jay Clem (Microsoft GM, HR Services) about how Microsoft adjusts its practices and technology to improve the employee experience for 160K full-time Microsoft employees around the world. The episode includes introductory thoughts “on the importance of data and insights” from Kathleen Hogan (Microsoft EVP and Chief HR Officer).
A special thank you to David Green, the myHRfuture team, and the Digital HR Leaders podcast for re-use of Kathleen’s audio clips from their episode: "Creating a Data Driven Culture in HR at Microsoft."
Listen to podcast below:
Links to important documentary evidence related to and mentioned in this episode:
- Hosts, guests, and related information
- Mark Kashman |@mkashman [co-host]
- Chris McNulty |@cmcnulty2000 [co-host]
- SharePoint | @SharePoint | SharePoint community blog
- Microsoft Viva | Resource center | Posts within Microsoft 365 community blog
- Articles and sites
- “Excellence in People Analytics” book written by Jonathan Ferrar and David Green – with a forward "CHRO perspective" from Kathleen Hogan
- "Modern HR" (External Microsoft site)
- “Employee Experience Starter Kit” (Power Apps app .ZIP file)
- "Microsoft moves its Human Resources employee portal to SharePoint Online“ (Inside Track article)
- "Microsoft HR leader: IT pivotal to driving culture change“ (IT Showcase article)
- "Hybrid Work: A guide for business leaders" (PDF)
- Microsoft Docs - The home for Microsoft documentation for end users, developers, and IT professionals.
- Microsoft Tech Community Home
- Stay on top of Office 365 changes
- Listen to other Microsoft podcasts
Listen to the show! If you like what you hear, we'd love for you to Subscribe, Rate and Review it on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to visit our show page to hear all the episodes, access the show notes, and get bonus content. And stay connected to the SharePoint community blog where we’ll share more information per episode, guest insights, and take any questions from our listeners and SharePoint users (TheIntrazone@microsoft.com). We, too, welcome your ideas for future episodes topics and segments. Keep the discussion going in comments below; we’re hear to listen and grow.
Thanks for listening!
The SharePoint teams want you to unleash your magic, creativity, and productivity. And we will do this, together, one engaged employee at a time.
The Intrazone links
- Show page
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Play Music
+ Listen to other Microsoft podcasts at aka.ms/microsoft/podcasts.