The Microsoft Data Insights Summit is back – check out our full session catalog today!
This post is originally published on Excel Blog articles
In February, we announced that our Microsoft Data Insights Summit will return for the second year, and invited you to register and join us June 12-13, 2017 in Seattle, WA. This is THE user conference for Excel, Power BI, SQL Server BI, PowerApps, and Flow.
- A pre-day on June 11 to provide in-depth technical training on:
- Modern Analytics in Excel: full-day workshop on extracting, transforming, and modeling data using shared advanced analytics features in Excel and Power BI— by Rob Collie, founder of PowerPivotPro
- Advanced Data Visualization and Modeling: full-day workshop covering the art and science of data visualization
- App-in-a-Day with PowerApps, Flow, and Common Data Service: full-day workshop on creating business applications using PowerApps and Flow without writing a line of code!
- Dashboard-in-a-Day 101: full-day workshop on connecting to data, creating interactive reports/dashboards, exploring data with visualization, and sharing insights with others
- Data Modeling with Power BI: full-day workshop introducing techniques of shaping data models in Power BI
- Power BI Dev-in-a-Day: full-day workshop for app developers to author interactive reports in Power BI Desktop, provision them in Azure, and embed them in an application
- 9 tracks:
- Administration and Governance: sessions on managing modern BI while continuing to meet your organization’s unique regulatory, security, and policy requirements
- Advanced Analytics: sessions on predictive and prescriptive analytics transforming data into intelligent action
- Business Applications for Connected Data: sessions on leveraging Power BI and additional data sources to automate processes, enhancing collaboration and increasing productivity—using PowerApps and Flow
- Customer Stories: sessions on best practices, successes, failures and course corrections from customers who have ben early adopters of Power BI
- Dashboards/Reports and Design: sessions on designing interactive dashboards and visual reports to monitor and analyze your most important data
- Data Prep and Modeling: sessions on cleaning and preparing data for visualization and analytics
- Developers: sessions on developing apps and services leveraging Power BI, Excel, etc.
- Distribution and Deployment: sessions on deploying Power BI solutions including deep dives on critical considerations like security and capacity planning
- General Overview / Intro: sessions on Microsoft’s comprehensive set of tools and services that are helping organizations develop a data culture and democratize access to data and insights
- 4 hands-on workshops:
- DAX 101: 2-hour workshop introducing the basics of the DAX language—by Alberto Ferrari.
- Mini App-in-a-Day with PowerApps, Flow, and Common Data Service: 2-hour workshop on creating business applications using PowerApps and Flow without writing a line of code!
- Mini Dashboard-in-a-Day: 2-hour workshop on connecting to data, creating interactive reports/dashboards, exploring data with visualization, and sharing insights with others
- Modern Analytics in Excel: 2-hour workshop on extracting, transforming, and modeling data using shared advanced analytics features in Excel and Power BI—by Rob Collie
View our full session catalog here on our event website today, and check back often for the latest updates!
We hope you’ll join us at the Microsoft Data Insights Summit in Seattle this June 12 – 13. Be sure to register today as space is limited and filling up quickly!